If you have recently left the Church of Scientology then you have two paths to choose from. You can open one or two eyes.
Let’s walk up the bridge according to Hubbard’s grade chart (http://www.scientologymyths.info/definitions/gradechart.html):
- -9 Suffering
You are in a really bad state. You have no clue what is going wrong.
- -8 Despair
You don’t know what to do. The ethics officer helps you.
- -7 Ruin
All your money is gone. You have left your family.
- -6 Effect
Your family is attacking you.
- -5 Fear of Worsening
You fear to not make it up the bridge. You are f…..g PTS.
- -4 Need of Change
You try to handle your enemies, but it is their overts. So what can you do?
- -3 Demand for Improvement
You are taking responsibility and try to solve the situation without the ethics officer.
- -2 Hope
Finally there is hope for betterment.
- -1 Help
You try to help your family. They have to accept your/the only path of spiritual enlightenment.
And your family tries to help you to face their truth.
- 1 Recognition
You get an idea of what these SPs are talking about.
- 2 Communication
You start listening to them and surfing in the internet.
- 3 Perception
You read and hear wild stories, you are confused. These are all lies!?
- 4 Orientation
You sort the stories and filter false information.
- 5 Understandings
The stories start making sense.
- 6 Enlightment
You run away.
Path one: From here on you can stick to Scientology and eg. join the freezone (eg. http://www.freezoneearth.org/), Ron’s Org (eg. http://ronsorg.com/) or the independent movement (http://www.iscientology.org/). Ursula Caberta sometimes called these “Methadone”.
Path two: You start researching. It took me roughly 750 hours of study to get a precise picture of Scientology. There is a lot of rubbish out there. Nevertheless you have to keep on reading! You must not stop in the middle! Otherwise you won’t get enough data to make up your mind properly.
If you believe that you don’t have enough time to investigate that much, then I have a quick two-week list for you.
This study list has a VERY HIGH gradient. Therefore the data will sound weird to you. You are still thinking in the Cult patterns! Be patient, keep on studying! The following data is right on spot. You will understand the full picture later on. There is a lot to know. No worries, you will make it through the jungle.
- Realise that Scientology was built to make you right and the Wogs wrong.
- Then also realise that Scientology was built to make you wrong and the leader (Hubbard or David Miscavige) right.
Someday you will know that policies and bulletins were written with background information that you can only fully understand by knowing Hubbard’s biography. Control, money, deception … not what you expect right now.
- Read the “Gold Info Pack” that you can eg. download here https://app.box.com/shared/sp19gzy4x6
Don’t be scared. You will not get sick reading any OT data. This was a lie. Nobody has ever gotten sick by it – unless by coincidence.
If you are OT III or higher you should also read “Revolt in the Stars” now. http://www.e-reading.biz/bookreader.php/133979/Revolt_in_the_Stars.pdf
- Listen to Pete Griffiths interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nozc6-xGbSg on YouTube. That is a really compact summary. This is condensed data. Although he is talking nonstop for over an hour there is still missing a lot.
Yes, this is another high gradient! But if you study slower you won’t make it in a week or two.
- Read “Bare-Faced Messiah” by Russell Miller. It is freely available on the internet.
or eg. in German http://www.pewid.ch/Bare-Faced/bfm1.html (Unfortunately the interviews were not translated into German.)
- Now you can watch “The Profit”. You might recognise some actors if you already have some internet background.
Thank you Bob Minton! Rest in peace. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Profit , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Minton)
This movie is very well told. The precision obviously is not as good as you would like it to be. Especially the last 30 minutes are just trying to give an idea about Hubbard’s personality rather than being historical. The end of the story is definitely not as close to Hubbard as it is at the beginning.
- Take a rest.
- Re-study all tapes, bulletins and policies in the new context.
- In the past you were trying to argue with Hubbard’s scriptures. I guess you have now started thinking for yourself.